This page will help you find out the meaning of the words and give you ideas for Fun Spelling.
- Prefixes – in/im/ir/dis/non – all meaning not
- Suffixes – ant/ent/er/or/ist – all meaning one who, eg painter one who paints
- Monday: Open this PowerPoint in Teams. Press the Edit icon to open in PowerPoint and present the slideshow to listen. Record the words in the list to test yourself in the week.
- Tuesday Remember Dumtums. Make a neat list of your words in your jotter, add some strategies and explain them. Do not just put in strategies for the sake of it. Make sure they will help you with spelling.
- Wednesday: try the task on slide 5 of the PowerPoint, either write in your jotter or work in the PowerPoint. Send me a screenshot or photo in the literacy assignment for today.
- Thursday: Write, Cover, Copy, Check OR if you have a sibling you could do some partner spelling.
- Friday: Fun Spelling, listen to your recording, test yourself.
- Extra: Write an interesting short story or a few sentences with your words.