Banton Puma

The Banton puma was thought to be bought at a market before Banton  settles travelled. to Banton it escaped in the near by woods. Over the last 50 years there have been 8 sightings? By late night walkers in the wood. They have night vision and are nocturnal. They walk about the village at night coming out of their wood habitat. Usually there is only about 4 at a time. In the woods. They are carnivores and are hated by local farmers.

In 2014 Mr Henderson gave a local speech to the village about the animal saying he saw it one night after putting the cattle in for the night during the winter months. It was his first sighting. 7 of the sighting’s are from farmer’s. Only one from a hiker who was inches from coming into close contact. Not that long ago in 2019 he stated.

“I saw it it was huge. I worried for my friend who went down a different path. I only saw it’s eye’s the rest was like camouflage. Hiding in the remains of the woods. I could hear cries of the creatures hungry children. This was at spring and it was

really dark. I went in the woods at 7 o’clock at the start we felt a presence watching us.

They’re were 5 of us. But now there was only two of us. As the other’s from our group went down another path. For fun. It would be fun if my partner hadn’t hurt his foot and was about a mile behind. I knew if I ran he would go for my injured friend. I stayed still. I could see it clearly now. It was about 4 meters from the shoulder. Little did I know my friend took a picture of it and the bright lite scared it off. I will never forget that day.”