Biggies time at Dow’s woods

Today we went to Dow’s woods with the wee ones. We were all looking for signs of autumn. The biggies and the wee ones were partners. This is how our trip went …

Signs of autumn

When we were walking with our wee partners we were looking out for signs of autumn some of the sings we found were hazelnuts that had fallen of of a tree, brambles, rowan berries, and changing leaves some of these things we collected.  Also the biggies were looking out for trip hazards and eye hazards while we were walking with our wee buddies.

When we arrived to our spot

When we arrived to out usual spot in the woods we looked for more signs after that our wee buddies had to leave. Once they left we decided to draw a tree we each picked a tree to draw. We have to remember which tree we drew because we are going to go back and draw it in different seasons. When we were finished drawing we wrote some poems about our trees.

Games and chaos

When we finished drawing and writing we played some games the games we played were sardines. Which is where a couple of people hide and if you find a person you have to hide with them until eventually everyone is found. When I found someone they were lying down on the mud hiding so then I had to join them until their was three of us thankfully time was up. Then after that we ran all the way back to school.

I really enjoyed the wood especially getting to show the wee ones the wood since some of them have never seen it. I hope we do this again some time.