Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

December 22, 2023
by Mrs Norton
0 comments

Merry Christmas from Room 4

What a brilliant way to end the term!  We have had so much fun today, playing with glittery snow in class, meeting a special visitor and dancing and playing games with our friends in rooms 10 and 25. Joseph exclaimed “this is the best day ever”, and I have to agree with him that it has been amazing.

Thank you so much for your gifts and really kind messages.  I am overwhelmed by your generosity and kind words.  It has been an absolute pleasure getting to know all the boys and girls and seeing them form friendships and grow in confidence.  I can’t believe how far they have come already in their learning journey.  Thank you so much for your continued support at home.

I hope you have a really special festive period, and I can’t wait to hear all about your holidays when we return in January.

Mrs Norton

Room 21’s Final Week of 2023

December 22, 2023 by Miss Napier | 0 comments

We finally completed our model Spitfires and Lancaster Bombers! Don’t they look great?! (Daniyal)

Team Snowmen won the annual P5-7 Christmas quiz! The Snowmen teachers won their round too! (Pippa)

We had our Christmas party and played games, some of us won sweets (Stuart/Evan)

We hope everyone has a brilliant Winter Break! (Chloe)

This gallery contains 4 photos

December 22, 2023
by Miss Mulreany
0 comments

A Christmas Reflection!

This morning we reflected on a very busy term. Here are some of our thoughts on what we have enjoyed this term and what we now feel more confident completing in class.

HH – I am better at calculations now because I know all the number stories.

AW – I am looking forward to our class Christmas party today.

CG – I really like to do handwriting because I know what to write in my sentences now.

LD – I like to do handwriting because it is nice and quiet. 

HL – I liked the Christmas concert because I liked the four songs.

FM – I like to use my imagination to draw stuff everyday.

RA – I think that I am better at maths now.

RC – I loved the songs in the Christmas concert.

AB – I enjoy play because it is good.

JD – I think that I am getting better at BINGO because when I first started bingo I just started crossing out three numbers but now I cross out four or five numbers.

GO – I like doing BINGO because it is fun and I am almost getting all the numbers.

AD – I have learned how to add three numbers and I feel more confident now.

Room 5 would like to wish everyone a fantastic Christmas break and would like to thank our parents/carers for their continued support again this term, it is greatly appreciated. Happy holidays! 🙂

December 22, 2023
by L Kerr
0 comments

Merry Christmas from room 8!

We have had the best week in room 8 enjoying the lead up to Christmas.  It has been filled with Christmas joy through crafting, singing and dancing, learning and play, and of course some ‘Grinchmas’ activities.

My favourite activity this week was making our Christmas cards – Esme

My favourite part of the week was the Christmas party.  I enjoyed the games and all the dancing – Oscar

I enjoyed playing games in the classroom – Maisie

We love making and decorating reindeer biscuits – Hugo

Room 8 have worked so hard this term and have deserved a week of fun filled activities.  I wish you all a Merry Christmas and hope you all have a lovely time with your families over the holiday.  Thank you for your continued support and look forward to seeing you all again in the New Year.

Photos of our week to follow.

Mrs K and room 8 x

December 22, 2023
by Mr McCourt
0 comments

Our Week in Room 16 18.12.23

We have had such a fun, exciting, and jam packed final week in Room 16!

We have enjoyed our Christmas party with our snacks and games and super dance moves. We have also brought festive cheer to the class through our generosity by giving friends cards and exchanging gifts with the teachers.

We have continued to spread the festive joy by displaying our magnificent art skills through our reindeer portraits. We have enjoyed creating unique and different versions that capture a little bit of each child’s personality.

We have also extended our festive spirit into our science lessons by using magnets as sleighs to move through a maze from the North Pole to our own homes!

We have developed our numeracy skills further through exploring times tables through a festive lens by using our times tables knowledge to match our answers to certain colours to create vibrant pictures of elves, reindeer, trees, and more!

We have also written letters to our missing elf, but he has responded to let us know that there is a backlog of toys that must be made in time for Christmas at the North Pole, therefore he has had to return home.

From Room 16, we hope you have a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year.

December 19, 2023
by Mrs Rae
0 comments

Wonderful Wreaths

Happy last week of term!

Room 6 had a fantastic time taking part in their Christmas Concert last Wednesday. We all sang so well and were so proud of our Makaton actions. Thank you to everyone that attended, we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

Over the past week we have been working hard to revise previous learning in both Literacy and Numeracy. We have consolidated all of our sounds so far and also completed our addition topic which we really liked. We will be moving on to subtraction after the holidays.

Alongside our revision, we have also been working hard to learn some dances for our Christmas party on Thursday, as part of our PE lessons. Last week, we joined with Room 5 and had fun learning ‘The Grand Old Duke of York’. We found the steps a bit tricky at first but we are now getting the hang of it.

We also had a super time getting the paints out and using our handprints to create wonderful festive wreaths. We used these green handprints by cutting them out and arranging them in a circle before sticking them in place with glue. We then added some red berries using finger prints and completed these with a ribbon. Have a look at our creations!

Here are some comments about our learning this week:

EL, SI and BM – I 100% loved learning to use the scales. 
OW – I loved 100% doing the wreaths.
QO – I enjoyed after our number work using addition to colour in the owl sheet with green, yellow, red and brown.
RF – I loved making the salt dough Christmas decorations and I liked doing PE.
SG – I liked playing with the toys Room 5 shared with us.
AS – I liked doing the maths. 
BlM – I loved when we did the addition assessment because I like doing maths. 
HW – I 900% loved doing the Snack Mat.
HH, IW, CM and IR – I 100% liked colouring in the Snack Mat for the party.
JR – I liked doing the Christmas show.

Have a fantastic break, enjoy and stay safe!

Mrs Rae and Room 6 😊

December 19, 2023
by Mrs Cowie
0 comments

Neurodevelopmental Workshops

Hi everyone,

Please find attached the Neurodevelopmental Workshop Calendar for January 2024 and flyers for each workshop

Parents/carers are asked to email the workshop inbox Workshops.NDS@lanarkshire.scot.nhs.uk
to book a space and include the following information:

• Name and Date of Workshop/s you would like booked on to
  • Child’s name & DOB
  • Who will be attending/relationship to child (These workshops are parent/carer only)
  • Contact number for adult/s attending

Mrs Cowie

Visual Supports 18.01

Workshop calendars Jan 2024

Anxiety 23.01

Dietetics flyer 16.01

Sense-Ability 25.01

Sleep flyer 30.01.

December 15, 2023
by Miss Mulreany
0 comments

Room 5

This week,

R – We have been learning new number stories – 20, 19, 18, 17, 16.

F – We have been playing BINGO and Miss Mulreany is always curious because I keep winning.

R – We have been doing maths all day, number 1 is challenges, number 2 is some simple sums and number 3 is a colour by number with sums.

H – We have been learning some maths with numbers with three calculations such as 7 + 5 + 8.

L – We had our Christmas concert. There was my mum and my dad. I really liked it. I liked the four songs. 

C – We have been learning common words.

L – We have been learning a new sound – ow.

Thank you to our parents/carers who came along to watch our Christmas concert on Wednesday morning. It was so lovely to have you in our school again and we hope you enjoyed the show.