Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

We all learn differently (Nurture afternoon) 📚✨

As part of our nurture afternoon this week, Room 6 focussed on the principle ‘Children’s learning is understood developmentally’. We discussed the importance of understanding that people learn in different ways, before making a whole class poster about some ways that we like to learn. We came up with some super ideas and these can be seen below.

On Thursday, Room 6 have many exciting things coming up. We are looking forward to going on a trip to Euromix in the morning and welcoming family members in the afternoon for our learning showcase. As part of our planning for the showcase, we all picked a piece of work that we are proud of to put up on our WOW wall. Each piece is something that we enjoyed completing to support our learning and that we like talking about. Have a look at our great display.

We have been using our voices this week to identify what we have liked to learn about and why. We have made a PowerPoint for the showcase which highlights different learning experiences we have loved during P2 and reasons for this. We also had a chance this morning to complete thought bubbles on different curricular areas to show how we have found areas of our learning.

Pupil Voice

Here are some comments on our learning this week:

IR – I enjoyed making the colours with the paint in art.
HW – I really enjoyed having the hot chocolate. It was really good and yummy.
SG  – I really loved looking for materials with Miss Henry.
NG – I liked the hot chocolate.
IW – I am really looking forward to the showcase.
EM – I’m excited for our school trip on Thursday and it is so close and I am so happy that we get another school trip.
HG – I’m really excited for the showcase because I think it will be really fun and I liked making the invitation.
ND – I loved having the hot chocolate because it was really nice. 

Have an amazing week!

Room 6 and Mrs Rae 😊