Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

Room 13 Showcase and trip week

Good afternoon,

We had a very busy week as always in Room 13. Our main focus was our showcase as we practised our drama, our songs, started making some cardboard Waverley boats, made flags, researched towns, listed facts and much more. It was fantastic to see such a great turnout at the event and it was a pleasure to host you. The children were so excited to have you there and I was proud of their performances and everyone seemed to enjoy some of the activities on the day. Unfortunately, I once again forgot to take any pictures so I have none to post.

Today we went to the Glasgow Science Centre with Room 11 and had a brilliant day. The children had a great time exploring the floors and the Planetarium was a massive hit in the afternoon as we learned a bit more about space. I personally liked how Saturn’s rings linked to our water topic for Science back in term one about solids, liquids and gases as the rings are made of ice. We could easily have spent another few hours in the Science Centre as our day went very fast and it was so much fun. The one picture I did remember to take was of the Waverley itself which we were lucky enough to see.

Next week should be a return to a more regular week although we will need to do our dictated sentences and VIP of the week on Monday as we never did that today due to the trip. Thursday is World Book day and we will be reading with Room 23. There is a menu change for this day as well.

Have a great weekend.

Kind Regards,

Mar Dalling.