Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

Autumn Art 🍂

Room 6 enjoyed exploring both measure and art styles this week.
On Friday afternoon, we began our new non-number topic, this being measure. We were very good at identifying different equipment that can be used to measure objects, such as rulers, measuring tapes, metre sticks and cubes. Using cubes, we had fun working in pairs to measure different items in the classroom, such as whiteboard pens, glue sticks, dice, paper and a few of our own chosen objects. We learned that the paper was the longest as it used 14 cubes, while the die was the shortest as it used only one cube.
On Thursday, we enjoyed creating an autumn piece during art. To begin with, we looked at pictures and discussed the different shapes leaves could be. We then all chose a leaf shape and drew this on a sheet of A5 paper before cutting this out. Once this was cut out, we placed the leaf in the middle of a piece of sugar paper with a bit of bluetack. Next, we used sponges and autumnal colours to create a design around our leaves. Finally, we removed the leaf cut out to reveal a lovely autumn picture. Take a look!
Here are some of Room 6’s comments on their learning this week:
HW – I liked taking the book I chose from the library home as part of homework.
HG – I loved learning about the difference between schools and transport in our Katie Morag topic.
QO – I liked doing the adding sums. 
JR – I liked doing our number stories for homework.
BM – I liked reading our bug club book in class. 
IW – I liked doing the Katie Morag activities. 
EM – I like learning about the small school on the Island of Coll and seeing the pictures.
SG – I liked learning more about Katie Morag’s island.

Have a super week everyone!
Mrs Rae and Room 6 😊