Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

A busy week in Room 5!

This week,

L – We have been learning a new song called ‘Holly Jolly Christmas’ for our Christmas show.

J – We have been learning about the sound ‘ue’. I own a Star Mathematician certificate that I got at assembly. I feel really happy.

L – We have been counting in 3s – 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30, 33, 36.

A – We have school jobs and I am Teacher’s Helper.

E – We count to 100.

A – We did gym. We did toilet tig, banana tig and we were doing exercise with our feet like ball skills.

F – We have been starting house points. I have seven house points and you have to be really good and do really good work to get a house point. I am in the water house.

L – Firework night is on Sunday. We watched Fireman Sam at assembly who was telling us about fireworks and how to stay safe. Keep your pets indoors and keep windows shut.

R – We’ve been counting in tens – 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100.

Today we had a visit from the reading ambassadors. They read us a story about a bunny. The bunny was mean in the story but then they made a surprise birthday party for him and he became less mean. Thank you for coming to visit us.

On Tuesday, we celebrated Halloween. We dressed up in fantastic costumes, thank you for helping the children with this. We had a little parade in the morning and then celebrated with a little party in the afternoon. We played pin the hat on the witch and two of us managed to get the hat accurately onto the witch’s head. It was great fun.

Today we marked Bonfire Night by having a discussion about the significance of the event. We watched some clips of fireworks and used this as inspiration to create our own firework art. We used chalk and used our fingers to blend the colours. Take a look at some of our pictures, they look fab! 🙂 Have a fun and safe weekend if you are planning to mark the occasion.