We recently held a series of Outdoor Parent Workshops. These included outdoor play, den building and fire lighting. Thank you to everyone who came along and to the staff team for hosting these sessions.
Parents gave lovely feedback and we look forward to hosting some more workshops in the New Year.
“It was a lovely adventure for me to attend the Family Centre …for the wonderful Outdoor Education sessions”
“I really enjoyed the hands on play/ learning sessions”
“I had never thought of building a den in the garden using material, pegs etc. I will definitely take this forward.”
Our Children’s Committee met recently to discuss what we can do for Fairtrade Fortnight. They created a mind map of ideas.
The children decided to use some Fairtrade ingredients to bake banana cup cakes. We followed a recipe and we had lots of measuring and weighing to do.
The cup cakes tasted yummy! We thought it would be a great idea to sell the ingredients in our Family Fun Bags to allow everyone the chance to make Fairtrade banana cup cakes at home.
We are starting monthly sessions of Bookbug and Musicality (Literacy through music) for parents and their Glenwood children. Please come along and join us. Let us know if you can manage to allow us to organise the children.
- Monday 18th February 2.00pm- 2.30pm- Musicality
- Thursday 21st February 10.00am- 10.30am- Musicality
- Monday 4th March 2.00pm- 2.30pm- Bookbug
- Thursday 7th March 10.00am- 10.30am- Bookbug
- Monday 18th March 2.00pm- 2.30pm- Musicality
- Thursday 21st March- 10.00am- 10.30am- Musicality
- Monday 15th April 2.00pm- 2.30pm- Bookbug
- Thursday 18th April 10.00am- 10.30am- Bookbug
- Monday 29th April 2.00pm- 2.30pm- Musicality
- Thursday 2nd May 10.00am- 10.30am- Musicality
- Monday 13th May 2.00pm- 2.30pm- Bookbug
- Thursday 16th May 10.00am- 10.30am- Bookbug
We love to welcome parents into Glenwood to help us learn.
Ethan’s mum told us all about her job as an airline pilot.
Thomas’s mum joined us as we played a number game.Perhaps you can help us? Please speak to a member of staff if you would like to help in any way.
We love to have parents and carers into Glenwood to sharing their knowledge and expertise with us. Joseph was delighted when his mummy was able to come to bake scones with us. The children loved taking part and the scones smelled delicious!
“My mummy is helping today. She doesn’t always bake in the house. I like having her here. I hope she can come again.” Joseph