For attention of all S4 pupils, please find attached the final timetable for our S4 school internal assessment diet between Monday 10th May and Friday 21st May. These assessments will complement existing materials and add to the suite of evidence we will use to prepare provisional results for the SQA.
For attention of all S5/6 pupils, please find attached the final timetable for our senior school internal assessment diet between Friday 23rd April and Thursday 6th May.
To Parents and Pupils
Please see attached letter from the Head Teacher re further amendments to the school calendar and assessment schedule which has been e-mailed to parents as a result of the latest information from the Scottish Government. 2021022315352080_HTs letter 23.2.21
Some useful advice on cyber safety for parents and pupils from our campus police officer Online Safety Advice_
Academy Uniforms will be providing the opportunity for any S6 school leavers to purchase a Hoodie. There is a link below which has been set up for Eastwood and will take you to the order page on the Academy Uniform Website. You will be required to enter:
- Hoodie Colour – there is a chart below the form showing available colours
- Hoodie Size – also a chart for this showing measurements for each size – we have been advised that if you are between sizes it is better to choose the bigger one
- Nickname – these will be checked so no inappropriate ones please
- Name for ordering purposes
- Initials – the initials you want to appear on the front of the Hoodie
The deadline for this is Friday 12 February (it says 24 January on the website but just ignore that). We need to try and stick to this date if at all possible as the company is currently closed due to lockdown and already have a backlog. So if we hope to get these made up and ready before the end of the summer term then we need to get into the queue as soon as possible. As pupils are currently not in school we will NOT be chasing this so if you want a Hoodie then you need to get this ordered by the deadline. (Please contact Mrs McCartney – at the school – ASAP if this is going to be a problem or if you want to ask anything about this)
Ctrl and Click the above link or copy and paste this into your browser.
Eastwood High School S2 into S3 Curricular Choices will be taking place this term during the week beginning 18th January. All courses available to Eastwood High pupils are detailed in the S2 into S3 Option Choice Booklet.
Please take some time over the coming weeks to read the information available and consider all options before making an informed choice. Please encourage your child to give careful consideration to their choices as, given the current uncertain circumstances, changes to original choices at a later date may be limited.
Curricular choices take the form of a column structure at this stage – the available columns are found on the final page of the booklet linked above. Please note the following important points regarding your child’s options:
- Pupils, in consultation with their parents/guardians, should complete their option choices on the Microsoft Form
- Pupils must select one choice only from each column in the booklet
- A choice must be selected from every column, no column can be left blank
- Levels (ie National 3/4/5) will not be finalised until the end of the BGE
- Your son/daughter’s S2 report, available on Parent Portal, should offer advice from current teachers about subject progress.
- Finalised choices will be discussed with Pastoral Care staff before submission – you will receive a call from Pastoral staff during the week beginning 18th January
- While we will do our best to accommodate all options, choices are provisional on staffing and timetable constraints. Any required amendments will be discussed directly with those affected once the timetable is available (around April/May 2021).
Please check your emails for information and link to the option choice form.
Please find below a link to a letter from Mark Ratter, Director of Education. It contains important information about the return to School in January.
Click here for information on testing and common colds from Professor Jason Leitch, National Clinical Director.
The Head Teacher’s Newsletter for August 20 is now available.
Click on link below.
Congratulations to Steven Collingham, Rebecca Paton, Scott Campbell and Helen Chong who, following a very competitive application and interview process have been successful in the position of Head Boy, Head Girl, Deputy Head Boy and Deputy Head Girl respectively.
Congratulations also go Mohamad Abdelkader, Olivia Brady, Murray Brown, Cameron Constable, Kirsty Dougall, Charlie Evans, Innes Garmany, Mia Hepburn, Flora Robertson, Lara Sturgeon, Erica Winning and Disha Yadav who are our new Vice Captains!
Applications for positions on the Pupil Senior Leadership Team – Head Boy/Head Girl, Deputes and Vice Captains, should be submitted in writing by Friday 24th August. The letter should be addressed to Mr Maxwell and should detail your reason for applying and what you would bring to the role in question. The letter should be handed into the school office.
Interviews for the positions will take place on Wednesday 26th August starting at 10am.
Interview times will be posted on the S6 notice board.
Lunch menus can be found on East Renfrewshire website.
click on link for more information.
Please check if your family are entitled to free school meals and a clothing grant
Click link for more information:
We are looking forward to welcoming everyone back to Eastwood tomorrow at 8.45am
S1 – to report to the Games Hall
S2- S6 – to their Period 1 classes. Details of their Period 1 classes will be on their Year Group noticeboard outside the school office.
From tomorrow S1/S2 pupils who use the Neilston train will be released from school at the end of the day at 2.15pm (Wednesday & Friday) and 3.15pm (Monday, Tuesday, Friday) to alleviate congestion and crowding when exiting the school.
Parents/Carers will only be allowed access to the school/grounds with prior notice. You can either contact the school to organise this on 0141 577 2200 or by email
Lockers will not be issued to our new S1 pupils at the present time.