What is Glow?
Glow is the Scottish Schools National Intranet. This is a major national ICT and telecommunications programme managed by Education Scotland. Glow allows learners to work in a variety of ways, from collaborating with peers to working individually at their own pace. Glow services are all free to students with a login and can be accessed at any time, and on any device.
Benefits of Glow for learners
- Office 365 – Glow provides full access to Microsoft’s Office suite including: Mail, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, OneDrive and SharePoint. As well as using this service online through Glow, learners can download a full version of Office 365 at no cost. This can develop their skills with Office applications, support their learning outside school and use collaborative tools such as Sway to create and share interactive presentations demonstrating their learning both inside and outwith Glow.
- G Suite – G Suite for Education is a set of cloud-based productivity tools for communication and collaboration. G Suite for Education in Glow is a managed service that offers the following core services: Classroom, Drive, Docs, Hangouts, Calendar, Sites and Vaults. These tools can be used to support learning both inside and outwith the classroom and support collaboration between learners.
- Collaborative working – Glow is a cloud-based service, meaning learners can work both individually and collaboratively on documents, projects and homework from any connected device.
- Anywhere, anytime learning – Learners can access the resources and features of Glow using any device at any time. This means that learning can continue outside the classroom on any device that is connected to the internet
- Glow Blogs – Glow Blogs allows learners to build their own blogs, giving them experience of developing an online community which they can keep private or share with other Glow users.
Please find a quick easy step guide on how to set up glow on your computer and also the Glow Connect Website which gives you useful information for both parents and pupils on using Glow tools at home
If you ever have any issues within this then please just contact the school direct for help and assistance.