Hello everyone and welcome to our home to nursery transition page
Transition is going to look a little different this year however we endeavour to do as much as possible to ensure that your child’s transition is as smooth as possible, in due course.
In the nursery, we focus on 15 core books and the children are able to choose 1 book to focus on every 4 weeks, exploring this book in different ways. We will be uploading activities, here on the website. The book in which we have decided to read is “Whatever Next” by Jill Murphy.
There will be different activities to choose from so you can decide what you would like to do. The activities will cover the following Curricular Areas:
– Health and Well being
– Expressive Arts
If you would like to participate in these activities and show us all your hard work, please tweet us at @sunnyside_ps. Please state if you give your permission for your child’s photo to be uploaded the website.
Your activities today are based on Literacy:
- Listen to the story and say what you like or didn’t like about the story.
- Read the Letter from baby bear.
- Draw a photo of the characters within the story.
“L loved listening to this story. His favourite part was when baby bear whooshed to the moon”
Your activities today are based on Numeracy:
- Screw up tinfoil to make moon rock and throw in a bucket, tub/basket and count how many you got in.
- Lift off! Try counting backwards from 10.
- Line up your own toys and see if you can guess which is the biggest and smallest
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/numeracy activities.
Your activities are based on Health and Well-being:
- Space themed yoga – cosmic yoga on YouTube.
- Make your own Moon snack (Click on the work moon snack).
- Have your own teddy bear picnic.
Your activities are based on STEM: (Click on the link)
- Build your own space rocket.
- Create your own lave lamp.
- Create your own moon sand.
- Discuss what planets you already know, watch the attached video – draw a picture of your favourite one.
Your activities are based on Expressive arts (click on the link)
- Create your own alien
- Make play dough-planets, rockets, characters from story etc.
- Make a foil printed moon.