Welcome back after the holiday week!
This week has been Snapshot Jotter week, so all of our work has gone into this special jotter. We will bring it home next Friday (1st Mar) so that we can share it with our families.
In Maths, we have been learning to use analogue clocks (the ones with hands) and digital clocks (the ones with just numbers) to read and make o’clock times.
– “The big hand is at 12 and the little hand is at 8 … 8 o’clock.” (Zac)
– “The big hand is pointing to 12 and the little hand is pointing at 5 … 5 o’clock.” (Layla)
– “3:00 … 3 o’clock.” (Josh)
In Reading, we have been listening to stories about the characters that are going to be in everyone’s reading books next week. We have been learning to read their names. They are called …
– “Kipper” (Jack)
– “Biff” (Isla)
– “Chip” (Amber)
– “Mum” (Andrew)
– “Dad” (Leighton)
– “Floppy” (Amelia)
In Writing, we wrote imaginative stories about a Lollipop Person, linked to our work this week on how to safely cross the road.
– “The lollipop lady’s stick blew away because it was windy. She had to buy a new one.” (Megan)
– “The lollipop man was happy because he loved his job.” (Vincent)
– “The lollipop lady held up his stick and the traffic stopped.” (Antos)
We have been planning what we would like to learn in our new project, called Under the Sea – we can’t wait to get started next week!