Sunnyside School opened in 1894 and until 1998 was housed in the original sandstone building. In August 1998 the school extended into to the present accommodation comprising classrooms, library, nurture room and games/assembly hall.
Sunnyside School has a 60/60 place nursery situated on one side of the old building (after a purpose-built renovation of the old accommodation), and a kitchen and dining room on the other side.
The school has excellent facilities and resources, and a hard-working staff.
Sunnyside Primary offers After School Clubs which support and extend pupils’ learning and also offers many extra curricular opportunities to pupils in STEM and sporting activities.
Out of School Care Kidzone@Sunnyside, opened in August 2006. This can provide 21 places for children whose parents require this service.
The school has an active Parent Council who work hard on behalf of the school.
We maintain good links with the community, including a close relationship with Ludgate House Resource Centre and other local businesses.
Please click here for our school brochure.