Parental involvement describes the ways in which parents can get involved in the life and work of the nursery. Parental involvement includes activities such as parental representation in the development of the vision, policies or improvement plans of the setting and other key decisions. At Sunnyside Nursery we offer:
- Self Evaluation Group
- Sharing the Learning Meetings
- Parent Council Meetings
- Curricular Workshops
Parental engagement is about parents’ and families’ interaction with their child’s learning. It can take place at home, in the setting or in the community. Where it takes place is not important. The important thing is the quality of the parent’s engagement with their child’s learning, the positive impact that it can have and the interaction and mutual development that can occur as a result of that interaction. At Sunnyside Nursery we offer:
- Learning Journals – active activities uploaded weekly for parents to participate in over the weekend
- SHANARRI dolls – each child will have an opportunity to take our bear/doll home for the night focusing on the 8 well being indicators
- Lending Library – daily your child can choose a book to read at home from our selection of books
- PEEP – weekly curricular activities provided for parents/carers to join in with your child.
Family learning encourages family members to learn together, with a focus on intergenerational learning. Family learning activities can also be specifically designed to enable parents to learn how to support their children’s learning. At Sunnyside Nursery we offer:
- Weekly Cooking Groups
- French Group
- Reading Cafe
Please click on the sub tabs within this section to find out more information on our PEEP sessions and LIFT project.
Take a look at what some of our nursery learners get up to at home!
- ” I am 6 socks tall”
- “We’ve been working on letters and phonics today. We are now good at the jolly phonics songs and actions”