Mother’s Day

We have been busy this week preparing special treats for our lovely mums. We couldn’t post until today as we didn’t want to spoil the surprises!!

We painted our mum’s portrait, wrote poems and made cards.

Some of the Superstars wanted to share their poems with you.

Happy Mother’s Day to all mums – we hope you have a very special day!

[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xq2h-6Ln7MA" width="425" height="344" allowfullscreen="true" fvars="fs=1" /]

[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQtnCuowM_Q" width="425" height="344" allowfullscreen="true" fvars="fs=1" /]

[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/ub8hdQDlhBU" width="425" height="344" allowfullscreen="true" fvars="fs=1" /]

8 thoughts on “Mother’s Day”

1. Dear P3S Superstars,

Did you really paint that painting? Cause if you did then your an awesome painter.I know you live in Scotland i love it there so much.I live in Michigan. I really love it here also.Do you like Scotland? When i grow up i want to be a painter in art class. I make pictures for my mom and dad. You are going to be a great painter when you grow up.

Your Pal,
    Adrianna Techie Kids

2. We all painted our own pictures. Thank you for your lovely comments, Adrianna. We are on holiday at the moment but will speak to you soon!

3. Dear p3s Superstars,

For mothers day we gave our moms cards. Our moms loved them. We get flowers from school to give them. We like mothers day because we get to spend time with our moms.
    From Kara and Natalie

4. Dear Mrs. Stewart,
    I love your paintings and poems. The mothers of your class must have been very happy. We celebrate Mothers Day here in Canada on May 8th. Thanks for sharing your great work.
    Mrs. Lynch in Quebec

5. Thank you for stopping by Mrs Lynch. We were interested to find out that you celebrate Mother’s Day on a different day from us. Will you be doing anything special?

6. Hi Mrs. Stewart,
    I visited your blog again today as I was thinking what to do for our Mother’s Day celebration. I think I will have the kids paint pictures of their Moms, like you did. I stopped at an art store today and picked up flesh colored watercolor paint. I have the other primary colors. I will read some stories and hope to have the kids write some kind of poem. I loved listening to your children read their poems. Their accents are precious.
    Did I tell you that we received your lovely postcard? Your smoked haddock sounds yummy.
    from,
    Mrs. Lynch in Canada
    teacher102.edublogs.org

7. Hi Mrs. Stewart,
    I visited your blog again today as I was thinking what to do for our Mother\’s Day celebration. I think I will have the kids paint pictures of their Moms, like you did. I stopped at an art store today and picked up flesh colored watercolor paint. I have the other primary colors. I will read some stories and hope to have the kids write some kind of poem. I loved listening to your children read their poems. Their accents are precious.
    from,
    Mrs. Lynch in Canada
    teacher102.edublogs.org

8. Hello Mrs Lynch. We hope you will put your pictures on your blog so that we can look at them too. I am glad that you liked us reading our poems. Do we sound very different to your children?

The P3S Superstars