P3 & P3/2- Week Beginning 25th October

We have had a very busy week in P3 and p3/2. Here are some of the things we have been up to:

Number: In number we have started to learn about adding and taking away. We have been focussing on 1 more,  1 less, 10 more and 10 less.  “My favourite was doing the 100 square jigsaw”. ” My favourite job was using the numicon to make 10 more and 10 less”.

Literacy: In literacy we have been looking at description pieces of writing. We know a descriptive piece of writing needs a Title, adjectives, an opening sentence and lots of description. ” This week we were writing a description of our school bags”.

Art: In art this week we have been making some spooky pictures. We made some symmetrical spiders and then we made web pictures using oil pastels and watercolour. “The oil pastel did not get mixed with the watercolour, it repelled it”.

Music: In music, we learned some songs for Halloween and learned how to use clapping to keep a steady beat. ” I liked the song about the pumpkin turning into a jack-o-lantern”.

PE: In gym this week we have been learning ball skills. We learned to control the ball by rolling and bouncing. We liked playing all the games with Mr Muldoon.

We are looking forward to celebrating Halloween over the weekend and returning fresh and ready to go again on Monday. 🎃🕸