P5’s Week of Learning!

This week in p5b we have been dealing with money and learning how to budget. Sometimes this was quite difficult but it was really enjoyable and something we will use all the time, especially when we’re older.

I am really more confident with budgeting and using Google shopping` said Catherine

We also used SWAY to practice our Spanish skills, we focused on the weather El Tiempo!!

I am more confident in using ICT and SWAY`  said Mya.

In p5a we have been revising the rounding of numbers to their nearest 10s, 100s, 1000s and 10,ooos, we also started to look at rounding numbers up to 100,000. Some of us found rounding quite difficult and will practice more, however, some of us have increased our confidence with this task.

`I used to think that rounding was quite hard but now I'm confident in rounding to the nearest 10,000s`  said Raqab

A few of the class made up their own rounding game:-

In 5a we had fun creating a chant for our Maths Champ game, it uses the tune of Queen’s We Will Rock You` but we are using the words

We’ll do, we’ll do…MATHS CHAMP!!!

Well done Niamh for creating the winning chant.

In p5b and p5a, we are learning to create QR codes, we can now create these codes and display them. When you read our QR codes it will show everything that we are learning.