Maths Minions in P6

This week Primary 6 have been working hard during Maths Week. We’ve participated in lots of fun activities here are some things we enjoyed, learned and want to do more of!

Anya – I learned your 11 times table.

Ava – I learned some of my other times tables (2 digit number ones).

Eve – I learned a lot about problem solving.

Stella –  I enjoyed doing the maths hunt.

Hollie – In the maths challenge we got a sheet of paper with lots of letters and numbers. We had to try and find the letter that connected to numbers hidden around the playground. To crack the code we had to solve times table problems.

Adrian – I enjoyed the problem solving task because we worked in groups of 3 and we had 10 problems to answer.

Anna – In the problem solving we were given a maths question. We were given three minutes to discuss and find and answer and write it down on our sheet. We had to write down how we worked it out and if we found it hard or not.

Some of us found the problems harder to solve, some of us found it easy!

Eve – I enjoyed the times table challenge when we had to beat the time.

Riley – I enjoyed the blether stations because it was challenging and I enjoyed working in a group.

Thomas – I enjoyed the times table challenge because I learned my 12 times table.

Agata –  I found the blether stations tricky because the word problems were hard to work out.

Hollie – I found the time table challenge hard because we all raced to see how fast we could work it out.

Sophia – I found the times table challenge hard because I don’t know them all yet.

Anya – I want to do more of the finding answers in a group.

Ava – I would like to do some more times table challenge getting timed and beating my own time.

Leo – I found the number of the day challenges hard because its was hard to work out if it was prime or composite.

Cameron – I enjoyed learning the compensation strategy.

Sarah – I enjoyed learning about near doubles.

Stella – Overall, we all enjoyed learning about different things in maths. We now know different strategies to use!