P7 Transition

stmToday p7a and p7b started their high school transitions at St Margarets Academy. Once we arrived  we were introduced to Mrs Melville (Deputy Head Teacher), who took us to our classrooms in the Social Studies department. Primary 7a were working with Miss Stone.

Taylor – We learned about how WWII affected children in Germany  and how  Hitler created “Hitler youth”. The Youth clubs were used by Hitler to  prepare young boys to be soldiers and young girls were  prepared for motherhood. In Hitler youth,there were 3 stages for boys and 2 stages for girls. Boys started in these clubs at the age of 6 and continued until the age of 18.

After break time we focused on what life was like for Jewish people in Germany. We learned about some laws that Hitler pasted to make life very difficult for Jewish people.

Racheal- I learned that in 1938 Hitler created a Law to stop any Jewish people attending University and in 1942 another Law was created to stop Jewish children attending school.

We are all looking forward to going back next week to find out more about how Jewish children were affected by Hitler during WWII.

4 thoughts on “P7 Transition”

1. I had a great time but at first it was weird because I have never been in a high school that big and it is scary because we are going to high school next year and we also got to work with another teacher called Miss Stone who was really nice and when we had done our three weeks she gave us all a sweetie

2. I loved the transition because I got the experience of high school.
    I loved our teacher that took she was so nice and helpful .
    At the same time i was nervous because we are getting closer to high school.
    cant wait until the next transition.

3. I had a wonderful time up at St Margarets. Looking forward to next weeks visit. I am looking forward to learning about Ann Frank.

4. i had a great time.It was very interesting because I have never experienced high school but it was a bit scary because it means it s closer to high school which is terrifying.
    I found it different because i was getting tought by a different teacher.
    cant wait to go next week

sincerely Sana