Wonka has arrived!

Article 29

Education must develop every child’s personality, talents and abilities to the full. It must encourage the child’s respect for human rights, as well as respect for their parents, their own and other cultures, and the environment.

As you can see, Willy Wonka has made a bit of an entrance in Primary 6.  The class have been working very hard with Mrs Buchanan-Coutts and Mrs Macauley (our student teacher) to complete design briefs, learn how to draw in the style of Quentin Blake, understand how Roald Dahl used various techniques to introduce his characters and keep their values and traits running throughout the story and convert our classroom into the factory itself; complete with Oompa Loompas.  The latter involved technology and art as well as A LOT of trial and error, problem solving and making amendments – all traits of a good inventor!!

There’s much more learning to come and our topic will culminate in Golden Tickets being sent inviting parents to an open showcase to see it all.

“Come with me and you’ll be in a world of pure imagination
Take a look and you’ll see into your imagination”

4 thoughts on “Wonka has arrived!”

1. I enjoyed making the front door of our classroom. I would like to find out more during the topic. I would like to see how many things we can make