I’m a Primary Five… Get Me Out of Here!!!

This week primary five have had great fun learning about different foods that have come from the rainforest… BLINDFOLDED!

We were amazed that Miss King and Mrs Buchanan-Coutts didn’t have to travel to South America at the weekend and they managed to find all these exotic foods in Asda! We were able to tell from the pacakaging exactly where each item had come from… Peru, Columbia, Brazil! Some of the fruits included mango, banana, pineapple, grapefruit, sharon fruit, coconut, physilis.

Everyone had a shot at being blindfolded and had to say what the food smelled like, felt like and most importantly tasted like! Then we all tried some. It was great fun especially when we were pretending they were spiders or bugs and we were on a rainforest gameshow! We tried to capture some reactions with the camera!

Well done to all the boys and girls, they all had a go and tried most of the foods! Some people even tried foods they thought they didn’t like and changed their minds!

We are going to choose our favourite of all the foods we tried and present our findings in charts, graphs and tables during our maths next week. Which of the foods do you think will be the most popular?

10 thoughts on “I’m a Primary Five… Get Me Out of Here!!!”

1. I found that abit scary aswell Rachael you were right because I didn`t like the COCONUT it was YUCKY.

2. mmm the grapefruit was nice

peoples faces were so funny cause when they ate the grapefruit it was so sour for them 🙂

3. i had a lot of fun finding out all diffrent fruits i had to eat dead spiders
    yuck it was realy physalis

4. I am a primary 5 get me out of here was so awesome! adam had to eat frogs eyes [passion fruit] and Jack had to eat a lizards tails [banana]

5. The grapefruit was disgusting. The mango was amazing there were other nice foods like: pineapple, coconut and chocolate. Physislis ( a fruit like a tomato) and passion fruit and papyia were absolutely revolting!

6. I found that really scary and fun all at the same time.
    The one that I did not like the most was the (LIME) It was YUCK!!!!!!!!!!

7. i love this it was amazing!
    some peoples faces were hilarious :0
    we were all guessing what we were doing and when we walked iint the class and saw the IM A CELEBRITY sign we were all so excited 😉 😉 😉

8. This was awesome!!
    Some really nice and disgusting things to eat
    I had to eat slugs ( grapefruit) Yuck!!
    But was still really fun and everyone enjoyed it