An author in the making!

I sat on the edge of the solid, freezing pavement.   With a depressed look on my filthy face.  All around me was rubble. What had been my home was now demolished into thousands of individual pieces. I couldn’t recognise anything now. All around me were smouldering fires that were instantaneously spreading.   Destroying even more.  The dancing fires were hissing and spitting. With every short, sharp breath that I took, I inhaled smoke. I was frozen to the bone but unfortunately we didn’t have any shelter. My shoulders were hunched and my hands were pulled tight into my chest to try to generate heat. I rubbed my hands together so furiously that I expected sparks. Suddenly, all was silent. Unhurriedly, I looked up into the bleak sky. A cumbersome bomb was descending from the dull, grey sky. BANG! Then everything went pitch black…

By Meg P7B

2 thoughts on “An author in the making!”

1. What a super piece of writing, Meg. You have certainly used your VCOP skills to make sure any reader would feel like they understand your situation and feelings. Well done.