Assessing Children’s Progress
The annual S3 Standardised Assessments: “Assessing Children’s Progress” take place in December in Balfron High School.
S3 testing is part of the Scottish Government’s strategy to introduce a consistent set of standardised assessments to determine pupil progress in Literacy and Numeracy at stages P1, P4, P7 and S3.
Further information can be found by clicking the link below.
The points below (hopefully!) summarise the information that parents need.
- Pupils in S3 only will sit the Standardised Assessments.
- Assessments are mandatory.
- There is no revision required or possible – no teaching for the test, at home or in school.
- There will be 3 assessments (1 for Numeracy, 2 for Literacy).
- The assessments are completed on a computer, online.
- Assessments are computer adaptive, meaning that the questions will get easier if the pupil is struggling and harder if the pupil finds the questions too easy.
- Each assessment will last a maximum of 50 minutes (1 period)
This session’s planned schedule is shown below.
- Tuesday 3rd December – Reading
- Tuesday 10th December – Writing
- Wednesday 11th December – Numeracy