Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
We are a positive, proactive and energetic team who passionately believe in the value of learning about our own and other languages and cultures, not only for their usefulness but for the pleasure and insight they give young people to the world in which they live.
- To deepen our students’ understanding of themselves, those around them and the wider world.
- To provide our students with the skills to communicate effectively in reading, writing, talking and listening.
- To develop our young people’s critical thinking skills.
- To encourage creativity, encompassing personalisation and choice.
- To develop self and peer critical skills thus creating reflective and successful learners.
- To provide opportunities for students to participate actively and cooperatively in class thus developing confident individuals, effective contributors and responsible citizens.
- To promote the health and well being of our students.
- To encourage a lifelong love for reading.
- To provide pupil centred learning ensuring challenge and support is appropriate to the needs of the individual.
The English Team:
Mrs Sheena Boyle (PT Learning & Teaching / Pastoral Care Lomond 1)
Mrs Kirsty Black
Mr Alistair Blair
Mrs Nikki Buchanan
Mrs Nicola Douglas
Mr Robyn McIntosh
Miss Dawn Mckeown
Ms Ailsa Murray-Walsh