- To deepen our students’ understanding of themselves, those around them and the wider world.
- To provide our students with the skills to communicate effectively in reading, writing, talking and listening.
- To develop our young people’s critical thinking skills.
- To encourage creativity, encompassing personalisation and choice.
- To develop self and peer critical skills thus creating reflective and successful learners.
- To provide opportunities for students to participate actively and cooperatively in class thus developing confident individuals, effective contributors and responsible citizens.
- To promote the health and well being of our students.
- To encourage a lifelong love for reading.
- To provide pupil centred learning ensuring challenge and support is appropriate to the needs of the individual.
The English Team:
Mrs Sheena Boyle (PT Learning & Teaching / Pastoral Care)
Mr Alistair Blair
Mrs Nikki Buchanan
Ms Eva Cunningham
Mrs Nicola Douglas
Mr David Galea
Miss Dawn Mckeown
Miss Ailsa Murray