Back to school!!!

Dear parents and carers,

Now that we are fast approaching our return to Balfron High School for a new session, I would like to remind all of our school community of the new school day times:

IMG_20160818_165053_354

Tuesday is our longer day and lessons start at 8:45am. As the first day back for our pupils is a Tuesday, it is worth reminding all of our young people of the change!

Our new S1 should go straight to the theatre for a short assembly and from there they will be taken to their form class.

Usually there is no form class on a Tuesday morning but to help with a smooth transition into the new term, all S2-6 pupils should go to their form class for an 8:45am start.

The bus timetables have changed to accommodate the earlier starts. These can be found on the council website, through the link below:

Balfron High School Transport

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate our senior pupils on a great set of exam results. Overall our results have improved again in all key whole school measures. This is a huge testament to our young people, your support and the hard work of teachers and support staff during a particularly challenging time.

I am very much looking forward to embarking on a new session. The building work will be completed and the whole school will be fully accessible. Thank you for your patience, support and understanding throughout last term.

I hope that you have had a fantastic summer and look forward to working with you.

Best wishes,

Elaine Bannatyne, Head Teacher