Form class time provides an important start to the day. Each form class has a form class leader who provides pastoral care and support to their class.
The role of the Form Class Leader includes:
- Getting to know the pupils and building a positive working relationship;
- Being a point of contact for pupils in their Form Class and parents;
- Supporting the pupils with any problems or concerns;
- Giving pupils a positive start to the day;
- Checking uniform on a daily basis;
- Monitoring the progress of each pupil in their Form Class;
- Reporting any concerns and referrals to the Principal Teacher.
Form class time provides Form Class Leaders with 20 minutes per day to engage directly with pupils. This time is used constructively to build relationships between pupils and staff. Form Class Leaders also use the time to:
- Hold regular one to one discussions with pupils regarding tracking and monitoring;
- Complete regular checks on uniform and student planners;
- Support weekly activities organised by prefects;
- Support pupils to make form class displays on the class and their achievements;
- Support the pupil council and pupil leadership group improvement activities;
- Hold circle times to encourage interaction and build relationships.