P3 Week Beginning 8/1/24

Welcome back to a new year in Holy Family Primary.  The children have come to school well rested and ready to work hard this year.

Apologies that this post is a little delayed, we did not have the tab available to add the homework yesterday.

Reading:

Blue Group:  Chapter 1 Twelfth Floor Kids Pgs 3-19

Red Group: The Clay Dog (all each night)

Green Group: Read Baby Bear Goes fishing

Spelling:

All pupils to write words out 3 times each and write an interesting sentence for each one in their jotters. Heading to be Spelling and heading and date to be underlined as we do in class.

Blue and Red Groups:

love, have, above, glove, sleeve, wave

Green Group:

clown, how, down, allow

We are revising some aspects of maths from Term 1 this week including addition to 999 and 2D shape.

I have provided paper copies of the worksheets for this first week back as some of the children have told me that they cannot remember where their jotter is but due to the printing costs involved for each child each week, I will be adding the links to the homework post as before.  I will aim to add links that do not require you to print each page and that can be answered easily in their jotters.

Sacrament of Reconciliation

Children in P3 are welcome to receive this very special sacrament on the 20th of February in the evening in Holy Family Church.  We begin preparations this week and will continue for the next 6 weeks or so. In order to receive this sacrament, children must be baptised into the church so please contact Father Brown to arrange this prior to the 20th February. There are 9 children who have already advised us that they will be receiving this sacrament.