March 4 – 8 2019 is Scottish Foundation Apprenticeships Week.
Find out more by clicking the image above or this link
There are several posts within Customer Service and Business Administration.
Details on how to apply can be found in the links below:
Customer Service [4 placements]: here
Business Administration[20 placements]: here
Customer Service [4 posts]: here
For all Pupils S4-5 considering a career in Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary
National Healthcare Weekend
Doctors, dentists and vets will provide invaluable insight and network with your students.
Day 1: Insight into Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary
14 unique talks for each specialty looking at experiences from A Levels, throughout university and leading to life as a fully qualified professional.
Day 2: Medicine only UCAS Lectures
A full day of lectures covering work experience, personal statements, interview techniques, etc. led by our team of doctors.
2nd-3rd March Birmingham
23rd-24th March Stirling
30th-31st March London
Registration starts at £25. Students from low-income backgrounds and teachers can attend for free.
Students can register and find out more information here: https://medicmentor.co.uk/national-healthcare-weekend/
All proceeds are used to support healthcare students with scholarships, elective bursaries, free training and educational initiatives.
You will need:
- Your title and surname (these must match those we have on record for you Mr/Mrs/Ms/Miss)
- Your child’s first name, surname and date of birth
Once you have logged in, we suggest you use the ‘Automated Booking Wizard’ to make your appointments.
You will be shown your child/children and their teachers, and asked to enter your availability.
Our wizard will use this information to calculate the best order for your appointments, allowing you to navigate the teachers in the quickest and most efficient manner.
Troubleshooting Tips – please read before booking!
- To log in you need to enter the details we have on record for you and your child.
If you have recently changed your title or surname, for example, and not informed us, we will be expecting you to log in with the details we have on record.
- The email address you enter is only used to receive a confirmation of your appointment. If the system gives you an error when you log in in, it will not be the email address that is the problem.
- If you have several children to make bookings for, and decide not to use the Booking Wizard, but instead make appointments individually, use the ‘Change Child’ button on the blue bar (above to school’s name) in the very top left corner of the Parent’s Booking Page to swap between your children.
If you are unable to book at home, please call into the office for assistance.
Pupils will have the opportunity to attend throughout the day and family and friends are warmly invited from 3.00 – 4.30pm.
We would welcome donations of new prizes for the tombola. Unfortunately, we cannot accept home baking, although we would be grateful for donations of cakes, biscuits etc.
These can be handed in at any time from this week onwards to the main office.
- Inflatable Fun
- Tombola Stall
- Fully Stocked Photo Booth
- Soak a 6th Year
- Bauble Decorating
- Gingerbread Men Designing
As part of our lead up to Christmas we will be offering pupils the opportunity to contribute to our reverse advent calendar (tinned food/cakes etc. new toiletries/perfume/aftershave and stocking fillers like new hair accessories/furry socks and new toys/games). These will be made up into boxes for families in our local community as part of the NLC ‘Give a Festive Gift’ appeal. Keep an eye on our Twitter page for more details.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support throughout the year.