THE PARENT FORUM
As a parent of a child at CNHS you are automatically a member of the Parent Forum. The Parent Forum is composed of all the parents and carers of children at the school.
As a member of the Parent Forum you can expect to:
- get information about what your child is learning
- get information about events and activities at the school
- get advice/help on how you can support your child’s learning
- be told about opportunities to be involved in the school
- have a say in selecting a Parent Council to work on behalf of all parents at the school
- be invited to identify issues for the Parent Council to work on with the school.
‘PARENT VOICE Group’ (FORMERLY THE PARENT COUNCIL)
The Parent Council’s rights and duties include:
- supporting the work of the school;
- representing the views of parents;
- consulting with parents and reporting back to the Parent Forum on matters of interest;
- promoting contact between the school, parents, pupils, and the wider community;
- taking part in the selection of senior promoted staff;
- receiving reports from the head teacher and education authority; and
- receiving an annual budget for administration, training and other expenses.
- improving home school partnership and facilitating parental involvement
The Parent Voice blog can be found here
The current parent members of the Parent Voice are:
|Sharon Boyle||Chair of Parent Voice|
|Stephen Walsh||Vice Chair|
|Elaine McDade||Parent Member|
|Maureen Boyle||Parent Member|
|Anne Beattie||Parent Member|
|Lena Waring||Parent Member|
|Margaret Clarke||Parent Member|
|Jon McLeish||Parent Member|
|Maureen Devlin||Parent Member|
|Clare McMahon||Parent Member|
|Louise Healy||Parent Member|
|Elizabeth Hoey||Parent Member|
|Elizabeth Cunningham||Parent Member|
|Tracey Bairstow||Parent Member|
|Billy McQueen||Parent Member|
|Robert Smith||Head Teacher CNHS|
|Helen McGhee||Co-opted member (DHT)|
The Head Teacher is the professional adviser to the Parent Voice and has a right and duty to attend all meetings of the Parent Voice. Any parent wishing to find out more about the Parent Voice, should contact Mrs H. McGhee DHT at the school.
New members are always welcome.
Meetings of the Parent Voice are open to members of the public. The election of parent representatives takes place at the AGM at the beginning of the school term