P3 Week Beginning 22/1/24

Reading:

Blue Group:  Chapter 1 Twelfth Floor Kids Pgs 30-48

Red Group: The Hut in the Old Tree (all each night)

Green Group: Hermit Crab

Spelling:

Blue and Red Groups:

Revision of alphabetical order, answer on the sheet

Green Group:

Revision of CVC words with middle sound ‘i’, answer on the sheet

We have begun our learning block on TIME. Please take time to discuss all aspects of time with your child from talking about what time they do things in the day such as waking up, going to bed and earing to timing them do simple tasks such as run up the stairs, brushing their teeth, getting ready in the mornings.

I have sent home a WS on aspects of time to be completed on the sheet. I will post other resources tomorrow when more children have returned to school following the bad weather and I can explain the tasks to the children.

I have provided paper copies of the worksheets for this first weeks back as some of the children have told me that they cannot remember where their jotter is but due to the printing costs involved for each child each week, I will be adding the links to the homework post as before.  I will aim to add links that do not require you to print each page and that can be answered easily in their jotters.

Sacrament of Reconciliation

Children were given their Reconciliation Booklets home last week and they were due to be returned today having completed How Session 1 so that we could continue with their preparation. However, half of the children did not return them today so we could not cover the next session.  Could I please ask all parents to return the booklets as we do not want to fall behind.

Here is a lovely little song about the Sacraments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCT_pZhGoaM

Sacraments WS

Children in P3 are welcome to receive this very special sacrament on the 20th of February in the evening in Holy Family Church.  We begin preparations this week and will continue for the next 6 weeks or so. In order to receive this sacrament, children must be baptised into the church so please contact Father Brown to arrange this prior to the 20th February. There are 9 children who have already advised us that they will be receiving this sacrament