P3 Week Beginning 5/2/24

*Global Play Day *

On Wednesday afternoon we are celebrating Global Play Day to celebrate the Rights of the Child as outlined in the UNCRC.  All pupils are welcome to bring in a game or toy which they can play with their friends. Children are not permitted to bring in any electronic devices as we are trying to expand children’s experiences of sharing, co-operation and turn-taking.

Reading:

Blue Group:  Story 3 Nutty as a Noodle Story 3

Red Group: The Smallest Horses

Green Group: Sally’s Red Bucket

Spelling:

Blue and Red Groups:

‘c’ as in city

Complete W/S task

Green Group:

Revision of ‘ow’ as in snow

Complete W/S task

All : Common Words Task

I have sent home a copy of the first 200 Common Words that your child should be able to read and write independently by the end of this school year. The sheet should remain in their folder and I would suggest that you focus on 4 of these words each week.  Ask your child to read the words, tell you what the word means and then ask them to write them out at the back of their jotter to keep a track of their progress.

**I have been made aware that the link below is not working for some parents so I have reloaded another link and also sent a hard copy of the sheet home also, thank you for letting me know and apologies for this**

High Frequency Words

https://content.twinkl.co.uk/resource/b2/aa/t-l-5995-200-high-frequency-words-word-mat_ver_3.pdf?__token__=exp=1707134674~acl=%2Fresource%2Fb2%2Faa%2Ft-l-5995-200-high-frequency-words-word-mat_ver_3.pdf%2A~hmac=4c1fa04f3ddfb70e7f6e62aa60b4bfc869c74843951e8a131fb5f10ef2eec91e

We have continuing our learning block on TIME. So far this term we have covered analogue clocks including o’clock, half past and quarter past/to. If you can, continue to help your child by asking them the time regularly and as we will cover digital time this week, try and engage them in their learning by asking them to convert 12hr time into digital time. The more you help your child at home, the quicker they gain confidence in their learning and this allows them to progress at a steady pace.

I have sent home a WS on analogue and digital time to be completed on the sheet.  Please note that it is double sided.

Below is a link to some time activities of varying difficulty. Please encourage your child to try some of the games out

https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/116/telling-the-time

Sacrament of Reconciliation

Many thanks for helping prepare your children so beautifully for this Sacrament including helping them complete their Home Sessions.

Could I please ask that Home Session 4 is completed and that the book is returned tomorrow the 6th of February.

Homework this week is Home Session 5. Could I please ask for your continued support in completing this section and return on Monday 12th Feb, thank you.

All children who are preparing to celebrate the Sacrament later in February should be making every effort to attend weekly mass as this will make all that we are learning about in class relevant to them and deepen their knowledge and understanding of their faith.

P.E.

Please note that our P.E. days have been Tuesday and Friday since last August.  There are a considerable amount of children who are not coming to school prepared for these lessons with a change of clothes and/or shoes. We are currently learning all about gymnastics and I am keen that they all increase their fitness and learn core skills in this area.  Please make every effort to send your child to school with the correct attire in order that they can participate.