Craigmarloch School is fully committed to the welfare of each child. Care and attention is given to each of the child’s transition from primary through to secondary and beyond.
‘Transition’ describes the movement that takes place from one familiar setting, including the home, to another. Our transition policy describes the process to support children in settling into their new learning environment in preparation for learning and development.
Pupils at Craigmarloch School will make several transitions as they move through the school including:
- Transition from nursery to Primary 1
- Transition from class to class
- Transition from Primary 7 to Secondary 1
- Transition from Other Schools
- Transition from Senior Phase to Positive Destinations
Each of these is unique with its own challenges and expectations.
We want our children to experience a smooth transition throughout their learning, so that:
- A happy and smooth transition is made at all stages
- Pace and quality of learning are maintained
- Children continue to make the very best progress
- Children feel safe, secure and supported
- Learning and teaching meets individual needs
- Encourage all parents to be partners in their child’s education
- Assist parents in helping their children prepare for school and transition to each new class
- Ensure all relevant information from outside agencies is acknowledged and acted upon