In Maths, we aim to enable our pupils to develop skills and knowledge around the elements of Maths that they may be required to use in daily life. We will encourage them in their understanding of number and in its connection with size, money and time.
Learning opportunities will allow pupils to explore topics such as Shape, Patterns and Measurement through activities and tasks which allow for discussion with their peers. As Mathematics forms the building blocks for other subjects around the school it is important that the pupils are informed of these relationships at an early stage.
In Craigmarloch we allow the pupils to progress at a pace that suits them while encouraging every young person to stretch themselves.
The Maths Department offers courses from National 1 to Higher in the Senior Phase.
- We can be Confident in knowing that there are no wrong answers, only opportunities to learn.
- We learn to Respect others by allowing everyone to participate equally in the lesson.
- Every lesson is an opportunity for someone to Achieve knowledge and success.
- When working Independently we know that we can still ask for assistance.
- As we are all Gifted in different ways, we should use our talents positively and abundantly.
Mrs Dennis Mr Osborne Mr Blair