Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

Welcome to Primary 1 Room 4!

Welcome to our new Year 3s!

A huge big welcome to all of the boys and girls in Room 4 to Primary 1. I can’t believe we have been at school more than a week already! I am so, so proud of how well all the children have settled into the class and it is an absolute pleasure getting to know them all. I feel so incredibly lucky to be part of their learning journey.

Our PE days will be a Tuesday and Wednesday. Pupils should come to school wearing their school PE kits – navy shorts, leggings or joggers, a white t-shirt or polo shirt and a school jumper or unbranded navy hoodie (we do not get changed before PE).  Please could your child bring a waterproof jacket with them every day as we will be outdoors as much as possible, weather permitting.

Ms Smith will teach the children on a Tuesday morning and therefore she will be the adult welcoming the class at the start of the day.

Children should bring a water bottle (with water only please) for use in the class and bring a snack for a 10 minute “story and snack” time in class in the morning.  We have lunch at 12.00 so I will provide opportunity in class for anyone who has an unfinished snack or packed lunch in the afternoon.

Each week I will post some photos of some of the ways we have been learning on this blog – as you can see from our photos we have had a busy week already! Glow and Google Classroom login details will be sent out in the next few weeks and all homework will be posted online on Google Classroom.

I would like to thank you all for your support and I look forward to meeting you at our ‘Meet the Teacher’ event on Thursday. Information regarding your child’s learning and school routines will be provided, however, if you have any queries in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via the school office.

Have a lovely weekend.

Mrs Norton