Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

Room 13’s End of Term Blog

Good Morning all,

Room 13 have had such a busy final term. It was great to see so many adults at our school events such as parents evening, sports day, the learning festival and at our open afternoon to see our jotters and worksheets. The pupils worked really hard to create Pop Art in their own style for you to see on the walls at the latter event.

In the last few weeks, we have been carrying out reading, spelling and numeracy assessments to help our next teacher learn what we know already. We had our meet the teacher session on Friday afternoon which was very exciting.

Last week we completed our solo talks on something we like or one of our favourite things. It was fantastic to see the effort the pupils put into their PowerPoint presentations and their notes. I was really impressed with our listening skills and the quality of questions we were asking the presenters.

From a personal note I want to wish all the children in Room 13 the best of luck going into P4 and beyond at Newton Farm. I’ve enjoyed being their teacher and I wanted to thank the adults for the generous gifts and the kind words I’ve received. All the best for the future.

Kind Regards,

Mr Dalling.