Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

To begin our post today, we are very pleased because last Friday we got the amazing news that Room 6 won the ‘Walk to School Week’ challenge for being the most active class!
Over the past week, Room 6 have been learning about money. Some activities that we have enjoyed doing to help us develop our knowledge have been coin rubbing, adding coins together to make a total, change from 20p, and listing coins to make an amount.
We also have been working hard in our Health and Wellbeing lesson. On Friday, we learned the PANTS rule. We designed our own pants and really enjoyed the Pantosaurus song.
Yesterday, our focus was on discussing ways to be a good friend. We worked together to come up with some good ways to support our friends, before making a friendship tree on the board with all of our super ideas.
Pupil Voice

Here are some comments on this week’s learning:
SM – I liked when we won the Walk to School certificate.
QO – I really enjoyed the toys topic and the money topic and really excited for the school holidays. 
DM – I’m happy that we drew our toys.
HW – I really liked when we heard the Pantosaurus song and made the pants. 
IR – I really liked when we did the coin rubbing and liked the lesson about Pantosaurus. 
AbS – I loved when we made our own toys.
Have a great week everyone!
Room 6 and Mrs Rae 🙂