Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

Toys 🐻🚗🎠

Last week, Room 6 got their thinking caps on and were set with an exciting task during our topic time. Working in groups, we were given the challenge of designing a new toy.
To begin, we looked at all of the toys we have  brought in from home and did a walk round in the classroom, before discussing what made our toys likeable and appealing to children. We spoke about the materials used to build our different toys, as well as the use of colour and the features have.
Following this, we got into groups and set to work designing a new toy that we could share with our peers. When planning this, we had to think about things such as what the toy would look like, what it could do, the price we would sell it for and the age our target audience would be. We have had fun working together to come up with different ideas and have started creating our posters to share. We will add some photos in next week’s post to show our finished designs!
Pupil Voice
Here are some comments about this week’s learning:
IW – I 100% loved making the toy poster with my group.
QO, BrM – I 100% loved doing the money and I really liked doing the mystery game.
IR – I liked making the toy posters and the mystery game.
SG – I 100% loved when we got to do the mystery game and we did common word dancing game.
JR, SJ –  I 100% loved doing the coin rubbing. 
AbS – I 100% loved when we did common word dancing game. 
EL –  I liked doing the coin rubbing and the mystery game. I loved doing the toy poster too.
CM – I liked learning about the body parts.
Have a lovely week!
Room 6 and Mrs Rae 😊