Multi Agency Child Protection training is delivered across Forth Valley on behalf of Falkirk and Clackmannanshire & Stirling Child Protection Committees.
The annual training programme sets out the range of inter-agency training being delivered and which staff group this is aimed at. In line with the National Framework for Child Protection Learning and Development in Scotland, published by the Scottish Government in 2012, training levels (previously 1-4) have been replaced with the following:
- Training for the ‘general contact’ workforce
- Training for the ‘specific contact’ workforce; and
- Training for the ‘intensive contact’ workforce.
Please take the time to look through the Training Programme and check your eligibility to attend the courses. If you are not eligible to attend or are at the start of your Child Protection Learning & Development journey why not begin by completing the online Child Protection E-Module
- National Framework for Child Protection Learning and Development in Scotland (2012)
Practitioner Forum events
Multi-agency Practitioner Forum events have been running since 2010 and continue to be a popular option for practitioners to learn about current research and developments in child protection practice. Increasingly, the PF Steering group have been asked by those unable to attend the events, for copies of materials so that learning can be shared across a wider staff groups. To encourage and support this shared learning, all materials used at the events will be made available.
Previous forum topics have included:
- Learning from Significant Case Reviews
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Children affected by Parental Substance Misuse
- Children affected by Domestic Abuse