Royston PE Update

PE in Royston Primary – January Update!

This term there has been some changes with the timetable due to activities, visitors and initiatives in the school. As a result, I have made a short table to help you understand when your child will require a PE kit in school.

Class PE kit is needed on…
P2/1 Tuesday & Friday
P3/2 Monday & Thursday
P4/3 Tuesday & Thursday
P5/4 Monday & Thursday
P6/5 Tuesday & Wednesday
P7 Monday & Wednesday

Each class receive 2.5 hours of quality PE each week which we are very proud of. This is on top of regular opportunities for physical activity as well.

We expect all children to have a full change for PE (a change of top, shorts/jogging bottoms/leggings and indoor shoes. Because PE time is split over two days and many of our children participate in after school sports activities, many children bring their PE kit in on a Monday and take it home on Friday to be washed. This means it is left in school overnight from Monday to Friday which is a great way of making sure the kit is always there when needed!

Sometimes, a specialist coach will come in to work with some classes. The class teacher or I should be able to let you know in advance if PE kit is needed on another day. However, as I said before I would recommend your child brought in a clean kit on Monday and they left it until Friday so that they always have their kit ready.

Many thanks for your help,

Mr Steer