Welcome to The Orchard at Royston Primary School. Here we work with pupils from all across the school on their health and wellbeing targets.
Our work is based on Glasgow’s nurturing principles, these are used throughout the school but they are our special focus.
In the Orchard…
- Children’s learning is understood developmentally – we look at previous experiences when deciding what to do next.
- The classroom offers a safe space – we have different areas to support different situations and emotions.
- Nurture is important for the development of wellbeing and self-esteem – we know that pupils need to feel cared for before they can learn.
- Language is understood as a vital form of communication – we choose our words carefully and encourage pupils to do the same.
- All behaviour is communication – we always look to understand what actions are saying and we think and learn about body language too.
- Transitions are significant in the lives of children – where we can we support children through changes in school and home life because we know how important it is to feel secure in your environment.
We have lots of different fun activities and we make plans to work on together. If you would like to drop by we can show you around and tell you more about what we do.