Royston Enrolment Week

It is our second enrolment  week this week (9th – 13th January) If you are looking to join our Royston family, please visit our school office this week.

To help persuade you to enrol your child at Royston Primary School, today P7 wrote persuasive reports to give you relevant information about the school.

Here is what one of our p7’s wrote today:

Welcome to Royston

I have been at Royston primary for 7 years and I’m going to tell you why you should send your child here. Since I have been at Royston I have had the chance to make amazing friends and learn lots of new things to help me in later life.

Food

Firstly, let’s talk about food and things related to food. We have a magnificent kitchen where the primary 7 usually learn to cook different food and practical skills. Another thing to say is that up at the backlands (up Roystonhill) we have been planting different vegetables. We are hoping to use this food in our cooking classes later in the year.

Clubs

Secondly, let’s talk about the school clubs. Now we have loads of clubs at this school: basketball, football, dance, homework club and many more fun activities for your children to enjoy after school.

Staff

Now let’s talk about the staff. The staff are always trying to help you have the best time at school and the Support for Learning staff are doing what they can to help you with everything. Ms Young is the primary 1/2 teacher and she helps teach children in a positive way. She stays calm when she teaches and supports all children in her class. Mrs McShane is the head teacher and has a way of making sure the whole school runs smoothly with lots of interesting events such as trips and visitors to give some variety to our week.

Playground

Finally, our playground is superb. Luckily, we have a bike shelter to keep bikes and scooters safe and lots of playground games on the ground for the children to play on and the PSAs will always have things for you to play with.

Conclusion

Because of the reasons I have given, you should definitely send your child here because they will absolutely love it here and if you have any further questions contact the head teacher or office.