P2/3 Home Learning 27/5/20

Hello everyone,

I hope you have all had a nice holiday weekend and been able to get outdoors some of the time.  I am posting new home learning activities for you to try this week, remember to just do what you can, these are only suggestions.  The important thing is to stay safe and healthy.  Have a nice week everyone.

Take care, I miss you all.

Mrs McLachlan

P2 and P3 – Look at your Active Literacy sounds sheet and practise the new words for the ‘y’ sound.  Most of these words end in ‘y’ but one has the sound in the middle.  Your words for this week are fly, shy, cry, sky, why, dry and myself.  Practise writing the words for that sound in your laminated Elkonin Boxes in your pack and see if you can think of any more words ending in ‘y’.  Write 3 sentences using some of your new words.

Bug Club – Reading

Log on to Bug Club and read 2 of your books.  Ask an adult to help with any tricky words and see if you can find any of your new spelling words in your reading book.  Well done to everyone who has been reading their books.

Writing

For writing this week you are going to make a sandwich for your lunch of your choice.  You will need to ask an adult first if you can do this.  After you have eaten your delicious sandwich you have to write a set of instructions on what you did.  These instructions have to be numbered in the correct order.  You will need to write what you did first for example:-

1.  I got two slices of bread from the bread bin.

then what you did next

2.  I spread each side with butter.

List in order until you have finished writing your instructions.  We have written instructions in class before, can you remember?

I have attached a link below for a style you can use.  You could either print it or just use it as an idea.

How to Make a Sandwich

P2 – We are going to revise Number Bonds to 20.  This is something we need to keep practising which will help us with mental calculations.  I have attached a link below for you to print the sheets you need.  This is a challenge this week to see if you can complete the easy sheet, the medium or the tricky one.  Some people might want to try all three.

Number bonds to 20

P3 – We are going to be adding a 2 digit number to a 2 digit number using partitioning.  Remember we were trying this in class just before we finished.

Here is an example:-

32 + 26 =

You add the tens then you add the ones.

Try the sums on the attached sheet.  If you can’t print the sheet just copy out the sums that you can see.  If you click on the link you will still see the sheet.

Adding a 2 digit number to a 2 digit number

P2 and P3 – Go on to Topmarks site and go into addition and subtraction.  Play the Blast Off game ‘Count on and Back’.  Start at 30 to 60 then challenge yourself and go up to 60-99.  The link is below.

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/blast-off

P2 and P3 – Continue logging on to Sum Dog and playing games.

Stem – I have attached below a 30 Day Lego Challenge Grid.  You can pick what challenges you want to complete this week if you have lego at home.

30 Day Lego Challenge

Music – Mrs Hill has prepared some activities for you.

https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/ea/mrshmusic/2020/05/26/p2-3-music-week-beginning-27th-may/

2 thoughts on “P2/3 Home Learning 27/5/20”

1. Thanks again for this, the sheets are great & helps a lot with planning our wk. Jack insisted he hasn’t done the adding 2 digits to 2 digits & he couldn’t do it but funny enough he did it no problems 😂 I meant to tell you the other wk, he loved the tally marks sheet I had to find more for him, he was proud as punch showing it off to James.
    Thank you

2. Thank you so much for leaving a comment, it is so nice to hear that the work I am putting up is really helpful and tell Jack I am so proud of him for working so hard. The adding 2 digits to 2 digits Jack hasn’t done before that was for the Primary 3’s but that is fantastic that he tried it and he could do it because it is something he would be doing next. He has been adding a one digit number to a 2 digit number so I am so pleased he could do this. That is great he loved the tally marks sheet as well because that is something he will be doing more work on too. You are both doing a super job. I will keep posting new work every Monday. Thank you.