Here are some accounts from P5-7 of our trip orienteering last term:
Today is the last day of a busy first term.
After discussing Holiday Homework, here are some ideas:
Reading: library books have been issued.
Tin Whistle: 2 new tunes have been issued to any class members interested.
Otherwise, we discussed doing something related to any places you visit, for example a diary or journal. Anything Nonsense related would be fine, for example writing and illustrating a story using characters from a Nonsense poem. As ever anyone else who wants to work on their own project should do so and all work can be presented on the first week back. Of course those who want to set themselves a challenge on iXL or anything else should go for that too.
Make sure you have a good break too and enjoy your holiday.
P5-7 have been working really hard making WW2 scale drawings. Here’s a sneak preview.
[kml_flashembed movie="https://www.youtube.com/v/OsYB91X6hRg" width="425" height="344" allowfullscreen="true" fvars="fs=1" /]
I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and has been able to get around OK in the stormy weather.
As discussed in class for those who are at a loose end or want a wee project, here’s some ideas:
- Those reading The Machine Gunners, you could do a project on World War 2. It’s a big subject so you could look at making a time line of events, focusing on the Blitz, or rationing, countries involved or anything that takes your fancy.
- Those reading Natural Record Breakers, you could write your own chapter, including pictures and diagrams, of any natural record breaker not covered so far in the book.
- As suggested by Mrs Robb, who recently inspected our school, write a proposal to Mr Cameron and Professor Heppell to say why we should take the iPads home for homework.
- Learn a Burn’s poem or song off by heart for our Burn’s Supper next month.
- Create an idea to get more parents and people commenting on this blog.
- Or anything else you fancy doing related to A Christmas Carol, Rubik’s Cubes, ice crystals or whatever. If you think it’s a good idea, add it as a comment below and maybe other members of the class can do it or work with you too.
Anything above should be fun and something you want to do. Don’t over do it however if you are going to do something, then it’s worth doing it well.
See you in a week or so and enjoy the break,