by the Fundraising Pupil Group
The Council and its partners are currently working with Scottish Government through a programme called Realigning Children’s Services to help to improve local services for children in your area. All primary schools in the area have been invited to take part and we are inviting all children in P5 to P7 to complete a short online questionnaire during school time on their lives and wellbeing.
Last Thursday P4-7 performed for parents for half an hour with Katie and Darcy, who have been teaching them traditional songs for the past 12 weeks. Thanks to all who attended.
School is closed again today. I hope everyone is safe in this cold weather.
Things to do other than destroy your brains with devices or TV:
- Go out and play in the snow, this may be the most you’ll see in your childhood (make sure you tell whoever is looking after you and are prepared for the weather)
- Write about your day off (any P7s who have written a blog post, and have their password, should write it up on this blog and I’ll post it)
- Do some iXL maths (see homework link at the side)
- Do some Spelling City (as above)
- Find out more about our topic, history: GD Alfred the Great, DS King Canute, EA Edward the Confessor, JF William the Conqueror, MB Henry I, AC Richard I, DN Edward I, ChR Richard III, HM Henry VIII, LO Mary I, AM Elizabeth I, BO James VI & I, HA Charles II, RL Victoria and ON Elizabeth II.
- Commit all of the dates on the sheet of Kings and Queens to memory, in preparation for your quiz next week
- Draw, paint or create something
- and anything else that requires thought, concentration and effort.
Bring any work in to present, like you do after holidays.
Best wishes and stay safe,
Due to personal circumstances, Mrs Turnbull’s Farewell Afternoon on Wednesday 23rd March will unfortunately be postponed until next term. We are very sorry for any inconvenience at this difficult time.
Here are some pictures from the Leaving Ceremony at the end of last session.