Our children performed their Pantomimes in a packed village hall on Thursday. Here is a collection of videos from the night, including a couple of traditional Scottish songs performed by P5-7. Thanks to Mrs Nicholson for the videos.
[kml_flashembed movie="https://www.youtube.com/v/Zu8oud9zTLo" width="490" height="280" allowfullscreen="true" /]
The rest of the videos can be found here.
I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and has been able to get around OK in the stormy weather.
As discussed in class for those who are at a loose end or want a wee project, here’s some ideas:
- Those reading The Machine Gunners, you could do a project on World War 2. It’s a big subject so you could look at making a time line of events, focusing on the Blitz, or rationing, countries involved or anything that takes your fancy.
- Those reading Natural Record Breakers, you could write your own chapter, including pictures and diagrams, of any natural record breaker not covered so far in the book.
- As suggested by Mrs Robb, who recently inspected our school, write a proposal to Mr Cameron and Professor Heppell to say why we should take the iPads home for homework.
- Learn a Burn’s poem or song off by heart for our Burn’s Supper next month.
- Create an idea to get more parents and people commenting on this blog.
- Or anything else you fancy doing related to A Christmas Carol, Rubik’s Cubes, ice crystals or whatever. If you think it’s a good idea, add it as a comment below and maybe other members of the class can do it or work with you too.
Anything above should be fun and something you want to do. Don’t over do it however if you are going to do something, then it’s worth doing it well.
See you in a week or so and enjoy the break,
Last term was so busy we almost forgot to blog, though we’ll got caught back up as we have lots of great learning and experiences to share.
First up here is a Photostory by Faith and Lucy of how we put together our Christmas Eve show:
PhotoStory by Faith and Lucy
This will now not be held on Saturday 17th December. Will confirm new date next week.