Tag Archives: News

Strategy guides

Have you ever tried to help your child with their homework only to be told, “That’s not how we do it!”
Today, we are launching a new section of our school website – Strategy guides. These guides allow you and your child to see how we do it at Sunnyside and are available under the Parent/Carer Guides section of our website.
There are also links to handy resources to allow you to revise these strategies at home. Please click the link below:

PE Days 2019-20

Please find details of PE days below:

  • P1EC – Mon and Tues
  • P1HD – Mon and Tues
  • P2CF – Weds and Thurs
  • P2/3RS – Thurs and Fri
  • P3IL – Mon and Thurs
  • P3/4NM – Tues and Fri
  • P4/5FM – Mon and Weds
  • P5JS – Thurs and Fri
  • P5/6TG – Mon and Thurs
  • P6JDW – Tues and Weds
  • P7AG – Tues and Thurs
  • P7LS – Mon and Weds

Best Start Foods (Healthy Start Vouchers)

Dear All,

Please see the information below regarding the replacement for the UK Government’s Healthy Start Vouchers in Scotland.

What is Best Start Foods?
Best Start Foods is a new payment that will replace  Healthy Start Vouchers in Scotland. The new payment will replace the paper vouchers with a new payment card, giving you more flexibility in how you use it.

What can I buy with the card?
You can use the card to buy any of the healthy foods listed below:

  • Fresh eggs
  • Milk plain cow’s milk and first infant formula
  • Fruit/vegetables – fresh, frozen or tinned (those with added salt and sugar are excluded)
  • Pulses (e.g. peas, lentils and beans) – dried, fresh, frozen or tinned.

How much will I get?
You will get £17.00 every four weeks during pregnancy and for any children between one and three years old, this payment increases to £34.00 for any child under one.

What is the card?
The Best Start Foods card is a Mastercard provided by our card supplier. It can be used in a similar way to normal bank cards using contactless or Chip & PIN.

Where can I use it?
You can use your Best Start Foods card in supermarkets and local shops. As long as the shop sells the healthy foods listed on your card, and takes bank card payments, you can use your Best Start Foods card there.

Who can get it?
You can apply for Best Start Foods if you live in Scotland and get certain benefits or tax credits and are pregnant or the parent or carer of a child.* If you are under 18 you may be eligible for Best Start Foods during pregnancy and up until your child turns one without any benefits.


* Income support, Income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance, Child Tax Credit (CTC) up to a maximum income of £16,190 per annum, Universal Credit (UC) with an income limit of £610 per month, both maximum Child Tax Credit and maximum Working Tax Credit and income under £7,320, or the four week run, Pension Credit, Housing Benefit –
weekly income of £311 and under.
To check if you are entitled to any of these benefits, call Citizens Advice Scotland
on 0800 085 7145 for a free Financial Health Check.

Class Learning Blogs

Dear Parents and Carers,

Have you ever asked the question “What did you do at school today?” And got little or no response?

Our pupils are now creating weekly learning blogs as class to help them share. Each week you will be able to read an overview of the learning in each class – written by the children and teacher together. These are available on the home page under class blogs.

We hope you enjoy this new feature!