P3- Friday 8th May

Happy Friday P3, hope everyone is safe and well. The weather has been lovely and I hope you have all managed to play outdoors during your daily exercise.

Today marks 75 years since the end of the Second World War in Europe. Miss Taylor has posted ideas on the blog on how to celebrate this event and also a writing task for you to complete. 

Science

We are going to explore food chains today. Do you know what that is and why it is important to be aware of food chains?? Talk through your ideas with a grown up. If you are not sure then hopefully the following clip will help develop your understanding:

Now I would like you to make your own food chain. Perhaps you could research food chains in the ocean and then try to make a food chain mobile. I have attached the instructions.

Practical food chain mobile

Maths

We are continuing to learn about measure and how to use our knowledge of measure in everyday life. I have attached measure challenge cards for you to try. Make ask a grown up to help you.

measure challenge cards- mild

I have found a game linked to measure on education city. Log in, click on subjects, click on maths then first with two stars and then a range of games will appear. Click on desk assessment and it’s a game about working out the differences in measuring objects, have fun!!

P.E.

Why not finish your lessons with some Go Noodle, I know you enjoy this with Mrs Hillan during PE. I have attached a link to one of your favourites, I’m sure!!

Have a lovely weekend P3 and I will check in with you next Friday.