Bellsquarry Primary School

It’s not goodbye, it’s see you later!

Another exciting week has passed in p5! This week we produced our final piece of persuasive writing. We enjoyed being able to choose our own topic to write about and were able to use all the different persuasive techniques we have been learning about recently. Some of the topics we could choose from were whether or not footballers are paid too much, whether dogs are better than cats and a whole lot more!

We have also enjoyed creating lots of symmetrical patterns in Maths as part of our shape topic. We have been learning about lots of different 2D shapes and have enjoyed including these in our patterns. We are looking forward to moving onto coordinates next week.

Finally, a farewell message from Miss Hewit:

My time at Bellsquarry Primary has sadly now come to an end so I would like to take this opportunity to thank all pupils and staff for being so kind and welcoming to me over the last nine weeks. An extra special thanks to Miss Hood and Primary 5 – working with you guys every day has been a privilege for me and I will miss you all very much! You guys totally spoiled me today and I am overwhelmed at your generosity and kindness. I am really looking forward to attending your Titanic assembly in May and see how you have all been getting on!

Keep up the incredible work!

Miss Hewit