We are the JRSO (Junior Road Safety Officers). Our team is made up of six Primary 6 students! Our names are Skye Gilmour, Ruby Cosgrove, Maisie McIntoch, Isla McCulloch, Adam Mackie, and Megan Loy. Together we are responsible for promoting road safety awareness in our school to all pupils, parents and staff. We work regularly with Mrs Moseley to learn more about road safety and to ensure everyone is aware of the dangers present whenever you are a pedestrian, a cyclist or driving a car.
- So far this year the JRSO have taken part in an induction session learning about all things JRSO. From how to stay safe in the dark, to designing a more exciting High Vis vest.
- The JRSO have ran a competition within the school to provide entries into the South Ayrshire Road Safety Calendar competition. Three entries were chosen by the JRSO to be entered for Coylton Primary.
- The JRSO have also taken responsibility for educating some of our younger students. Primary 4 are currently learning about everything travel and transport. As part of their topic, the JRSO came to present and teach Primary 4 about road safety. They were wonderful!
- As well as all of the above the JRSO have been meeting regularly to further their knowledge on road and travel safety.
- The Coylton Primary JRSO have lots planned and will be attending the Ayrshire Road Alliance event to promote various road safety and travel initiatives. The event will promote good practice and will teach the JRSO about schemes open to schools to participate in. The JRSO are keen to bring their learning home to Coylton and continue to raise awareness.